Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Moms are a Girl's Best Friend

My mother is wonderful and I should really do more to celebrate her every day.  As a mother myself now, I appreciate even more the love and wisdom she put into my life.  For Mother's Day I thought I would share some of the things that she taught me.  Most of them are not original, as a matter of fact I would sometimes roll my eyes at the cliches that she would rattle off.  But, one thing I've learned is that the best advice is usually the simpliest.  More importantly than that, my mom practiced what she preached!  She actually meant, and lived by, those little pearls of wisdom, teaching and loving by example.  Here are just a few:

Do unto others as you would do unto you.  Yep, the Golden Rule.  Doesn't get any simpler than that, does it?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Also, simple and classic, but darn hard to follow sometimes.  My mom did, and does.  You would be hard pressed to get that woman to say something bad about someone else. 

Laugh at yourself.  Have a sense of humor.  Don't take yourself too seriously. 

Do what you can to help others.  And, don't worry about what you are getting in return. 

Forgive easily.  Life is too short to hold grudges.

Those are just a few, but they are pretty good ones I think.  Love to all of the mothers out there (and you don't have to have given birth to be a mother).  It's a tough job but chances are you are doing an amazing job and one day, your children might even thank you for it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment