Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

VBS-Let's Go to Nazareth!

So this week's go-go activities are at Vacation Bible School.  I remember VBS from my own childhood and am so happy to pass this tradition on to my children...well, really just the one for now.  I think my son is learning the traditions of eating leftovers and watching DVR'd Discovery Channel shows!

Our church does such a wonderful job at so many things, VBS being one of them.  It truly is a church-wide effort with so many different "actors", helpers, shepherds, cooks, you name it from teenagers all the way up to grandparents.  And the sets, my goodness, those small children actually think they are in Nazareth!  My daughter told a friend of mine last night "I met Jesus's Mommy!!!"  It is just magical.

Okay, enough gushing.  There is the fact that my fingers may be permanently stained from tie-dying 25 t-shirts for pre-schoolers, or the looming possibility that my daughter will be an over-tired grouch for the rest of the week!  But, it's just four days.  Our church, like most I suspect, welcomes happily any child in the community who wishes to have some fun and fellowship for the week.  There is no charge, there is no dogma or doctrine you have to adhere to, it is a true community service.  I am so proud and happy to be a part of this great event.  Wherever you are, I strongly encourage you to check out the local vacation bible school near you.  Chances are, your child will have a great time and make memories that will last a lifetime.  And if you're feeling extra enthusiastic, join in the fun yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment