Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Activity Week!

So, I didn't want to over-schedule my children this summer and I decided to limit our "official" activities to just two.  Smart, right?  Well, it turns out that those two activities are both happening this week!  Not so smart, right?  This week our day consists of waking up, spending an hour or two at home, getting ready, going to swim class, coming home for lunch, nap, then getting ready for gymnastics camp, going to gymnastics camp, coming home and oh wait, it's almost dinner time.  Whew, this is going to be a looooonnnnnnggggg week!  And don't even get me started thinking about the days this week when I have to be at work at 5 after all of this madness.  You know, "work" because clearly I spend my time at home painting my nails and eating chocolate.

Okay, so they are both really enjoying swim class.  And I think my daughter is really going to enjoy gymnastics camp.  I, however am not going to enjoy spending 45 minutes of my day chasing my son around a stinky gym, dragging him off of the mats, retrieving small toys from the filthy floor under the bleachers, and generally shushing and wrangling him as best I can.  Hello, terrible twos!   On the plus side, we are having good naps and no fussing at bedtime.  You know, that good old "wear 'em out" trick!  And I realize that two activities in one day is not the madness that some poor mommies must face every day.  Maybe if my son was not such a fearless little monkey, or maybe if it wasn't so dang hot every day, it wouldn't seem like so much work dragging them around town all day.  But, unfortunately my son IS a fearless monkey and it IS so dang hot!  I see a couple of extra glasses of wine in my week and I'm not afraid to admit it.  One day down, four more to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment