Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wish Me Luck!

Monday we are leaving on our first "family" vacation!  Typically to me, a vacation means boutique hotels, expensive restaurants, massages, wine, lots of laying around.  This is my idea of fun.  But this year, we are biting the bullet and inviting the kids along.  As a matter of fact, we are having a decidely "kid's" trip.  This means chain hotels, theme parks, and probably no fine dining.  I'm excited but a little bit terrified!

I've done my research and think I have a pretty good plan.  We booked a hotel right outside of Sea World with a free trolly, so no $15 to park in a ginormous lot 1/2 mile from the gate.  Hotel will have full breakfast every morning, and lots of pools for the kiddos to play in.  We also got a suite, my splurge as I do NOT want to sleep in the same room as my children.  I know, cold-hearted mother...I need my sleep!  We have purchased our park tickets online; one bad reviewer said they stood in line for 1 1/2 hours just to buy tickets.  This would probably not fly with Hubby.  He believes in an analysis of his time versus the perceived outcome or some accounting class jibberish like that.  So, glad I dodged that bullet!  The Sea World San Antonio reviews are a pretty mixed bag so I'm not really sure what to expect.  We went several times to the one in Orlando when I was a child and it seemed so magical, I just want my children to have some of that same experience.  We will see.

This is a just mini vacay, a toe in the water of traveling with kids.  If this works out, maybe we will actually try more.  If not, it's back to Grammie and Grandpa's house for the rugrats while Hubby and I hit the road (or air) on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment