Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cockroaches, butterflys, dragonflys, oh my!

Bug Fest at the Norman Public Library! Holy six-legged, chaotic fun!!! My daughter made a butterfly from a coffee filter, a "book worm" bookmark, an abstract maggot painting (don't ask), got her face painted, and petted the most gigantic bug I've ever seen. My son squirmed, tried to escape, ate a fried meal worm (how's that for a double entendre), and tried to escape some more. I've decided he's at a very inconvenient age: too big to hang happily in a stroller or carrier, too small and wild to really be let loose. Nonetheless, it was such an amazing and fun event. We followed it up with our delayed park picnic play date. My kids' favorite park is conveniently right next to a very busy train track, so it is noisy double-fun. So happy for a day of fun, free, nap-inducing activities ('cuz you know I like someplace to go)!

No comments:

Post a Comment