Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Just One of Those Days...

My daughter has discovered a freckle on her middle finger and really, really likes to show it off. My son has developed an inexplicable fondness for the word "breast" and shouts it out whenever possible. My daughter now insists on dressing herself. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. My son's socks are all in a permanent state of separation. Every morning I open the drawer and find 7+ separate socks. I don't fight it anymore; he's just mis-matched most of the time. None of these things are huge deals, but sometimes they all seem to crash at once (particularly on a windy, head -achy Monday) and I am nearly knocked over by how complicated, messy, exhausting, and downright embarrassing motherhood can be at times. It's like every issue or fault is toddling in your wake. Of course, they can also be wonderful examples of your intelligence, your accomplishments, and your responsibility. It just doesn't feel like it on a windy, head-achy Monday I guess! Hey kids, you wanna watch a movie???

No comments:

Post a Comment