Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Get Outa Town, Mommy!


Today I escaped! Teamed up with several other over-worked mommies and we headed to the wilderness (sort of). We drove, chatted, laughed, ate, hiked, wondered if we were lost, hiked some more, laughed, ate, chatted, drove, laughed, and went back to our real lives. And good grief, I forget how simple it is when you've just got yourself to look after...I even left the giant mom bag at home! What a fun and much needed adventure and a chance to reconnect with the person I used to be. Granted, there was a LOT of kid talk (we are moms after all). Still, just to get out with grown ups and do something really fun and new was a recharge for this frazzled mom. Plus, it had to have been good for my mommy-squishy belly. That is, until the various fried things hit the table at our lunch stop. So what if I came home to a feverish and crying child and a pile of laundry? It was worth it to do something fun for just myself. So moms, get together some friends and schedule yourself an adventure. If you're like me, that doesn't occur to you nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment