Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Greek Fish Dinner, and my kids actually ate it!

This was tasty, cheap, healthy, and my kids each ate a decent amount of it! Picky baby didn't dig the veggies in the rice, but he did chew them thoroughly before spitting out so I'm figuring he got at least some nutrition (don't correct me if I'm wrong on this). For fish: 2-4 filets tilapia 1 medium shallot, minced 2 T olive oil Juice of 1/2 a lemon Dried oregano and paprika (a couple of shakes of each) Sea salt and coarse ground pepper Pat fish dry and place in glass baking dish. Mix all other ingredients and smear on fish. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. For salad: 1/2 cucumber, chopped 1 ripe tomato, chopped Handful Italian parsley, chopped 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped (I get quartered because I think you get more for your money...again, don't correct me if I'm wrong!) 1/2 block of feta cheese, cubed (should be about 4oz.) Juice of 1/2 lemon 2T olive oil Black pepper 1 cup cooked brown rice (you could also use couscous or lentils) Mix all ingredients thoroughly and your salad is done, couldn't be simpler! You could also add a can of chickpeas for extra protein and serve as an entree. Plus, leftovers just get better the longer the flavors "marry."

No comments:

Post a Comment